In the Crisis of COVID-19
Eden Stay Strong and Safe for All
Taiwan's Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) raised the COVID-19 alert to Level 3 nationwide since May 15th after the country recorded over 100 locally transmitted cases for the fifth consecutive day until May 28th. After considering the situation, CECC decided to sustain Level 3 on June 14th for people's safety. Eden Social Welfare Foundation quickly responds to initiate work from home policy to secure all the employees; on the other hand, we also restricted visiting and nonessential volunteer services at each direct service center. During the hardest time under the COVID-19 pandemic, we need to stay strong and safe for all the service users we have been taken care of.
Eden Social Welfare Foundation implemented several working policies as follows:
•Workplace relocation: in order to obtain social distance, several workplaces had been relocated, such as the Administration Department as well as Executive Department.
• Staff who work from home need to download Microsoft TEAMS app to a laptop for mobile working mode and keep updating their work status. First, they are requested to write down the daily working plan and working report before clock-off. Secondly, they must use "Work from Home System" to punch in and out. This system will randomly pop up reminding windows to check if the staff are still in their working status.
• Staff who work at distributed and separated space are requested to sanitize the working environment and to monitor their healthy condition. They are prohibited to use any other conference room or gathering. All meetings should be held via TEAMS. Seats shall be rearranged to keep social distance and sharing food at lunchtime are prohibited.
• All community participating event, welcome event, workshop and volunteer service is temporarily prohibited.
• Purchased masks for drivers who work at the Transportation Service Department and set up body temperature measurement equipment at each pick-up stop.
Service Center (Daycare, Nursing home, and In-home care)
• Staff who work at nursing home daycare centers can not work from home because the service is on-demand. They need to sanitize and clean the environment more carefully. Distributed residents to take care of and make sure no physical contact at each different floor to avoid cross-infection transmission. The shifting meetings between each shifts must be finished within 10 minutes. Furthermore, all community adaption events are terminated.
• Staff are requested to only commute from home to office in order to reduced the time of staying outside of the house; they are also requested to avoid public transportation.
• Daycare center stops any field visiting, home visiting, and in-home service. Some daycare centers are closed, instead of telephone or facetime communication and check-in. Some service center provide daycare service as usual and sanitize and clean the environment more carefully. All staff and residents shall wear a mask at all times. Other centers which not mentioned need to follow the working rule as same as distributed and separated way at headquarter office.
"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."